Brain Injury Lawyers and Attorneys in Baton Rouge, LA
According to the Centers for Disease Control, traumatic brain injury is the main cause of death and disability in the U.S. In 2010 alone, 2.5 million people visited the E.R., were hospitalized, or died as a result of a traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injury can range from “mild” to “severe.” The injury is sometimes called “invisible” because it isn’t always immediately apparent. For instance, some victims of mild traumatic brain injury may not be aware that they have been hurt until days later when they begin to experience symptoms.
If you’ve been in an accident, it is important to watch for symptoms of brain injury. What are some symptoms of brain injury? Here are a few:
- Problems with attention
- Problems with memory
- Problems with balance
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of hearing, vision, sensation, or touch
- Changes in mood (depression, anxiety, anger)
Traumatic brain injury can occur for a number of reasons. Individuals can be injured in falls, in car accidents, or at the workplace if they are struck by another object or person. Sports related traumatic brain injuries are also on the rise. If you or a loved one has been in an accident due to another person’s negligence or neglect and you or your loved one has experienced headaches, nausea or vomiting, dizziness or balance issues, feeling sluggish, sensitivity to light or noise, confusion, concentration or memory issues, mood changes, or changes to sleep habits, you should seek medical attention right away. The Bowling Christiansen Law Firm are brain injury lawyers in Baton Rouge, LA who can help families and victims. Our firm can help individuals seek a recovery to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages following a traumatic brain injury. Contact our firm to learn more today.
Causes of Brain Injuries in Baton Rouge, LA
Brain injury is highly preventable. In many instances, proper attention, care, or prevention could have resulted in a different outcome. What are some common causes of brain injury in Baton Rouge, LA?
- Car accidents: Car accidents are the third top cause of traumatic brain injury in the U.S. Most car accidents occur due to human error. If you’ve been in a crash due to drunk driving, distracted driving, speeding, or due to the mistakes of another driver, the traumatic brain injury lawyers at The Bowling Christiansen Law Firm in Baton Rouge, LA may be able to assist you in getting the claim you deserve.
- Slip and falls: According to the CDC, falls account for 40% of all traumatic brain injuries. Falls can occur when premises owners fail to ensure that floors are free of debris and hazards. Nursing homes have a duty to implement fall prevention efforts. Workplaces should ensure workers’ safety by preventing slips and falls. If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury due to a slip and fall, you may be entitled to receive compensation for lost wages, pain and suffering, and medical costs. The Bowling Christiansen Law Firm are traumatic brain injury lawyers in Baton Rouge, LA who can help you fight your case.
- Sports injuries. Sports injuries are increasingly becoming a greater risk for young people. Coaches, schools, professional teams, and amateur teams should have procedures in place to protect players from traumatic brain injuries. By catching traumatic brain injuries when they occur, and by requiring possible injured players to receive proper medical clearances before returning to play, more serious injuries can be prevented. Coaches, parents, and players should be educated about the risk of traumatic brain injuries when playing sports like hockey or football. Children’s playgrounds should also be safety-proofed to prevent injuries. Proper supervision of children while they are at play is also key.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, slip and fall, or sports injury and believe that negligence may be involved, contact the Baton Rouge, LA traumatic brain injury lawyers at The Bowling Christiansen Law Firm. Our firm can help build the strongest possible case to help you receive the maximum possible compensation under the law.
Justice for Brain Injury Victims and Their Families
A brain injury can affect all aspects of your life. Victims may miss time from work, require occupational therapy, have to find new work, or may have difficulty enjoying regular life activities. The costs that families and victims bear can sometimes be immense.
The Bowling Christiansen Law Firm are Baton Rouge, LA brain injury lawyers who can seek medical experts, investigate your case to identify all liable stakeholders, and pursue your case inside or outside of court. Brain injuries can require long-term rehabilitative care and may require individuals to miss time at work while they recover. The Bowling Christiansen Law Firm are Baton Rouge, LA traumatic brain injury attorneys who can fight insurance adjusters, fight negligent parties, and protect your rights.