Medical Malpractice Lawyers with a Passion for Excellence
The Firm handles a wide range of medical malpractice cases, including:
Get My Free Consultation
- Surgical errors — Some injuries are simply recognized complications of surgical procedures which can occur in the absence of negligence. Other injuries, however, are due to substandard or negligent performance of the procedure by the surgeon, anesthesiologist, or other members of the surgical staff. The Bowling Christiansen Law Firm has the experience and ability to identify surgical injuries which are due to negligence, and to provide high-level advocacy for these life-altering, and sometimes tragically, life-ending injuries.
- Birth injury — Errors during childbirth or in pediatric care can harm a child for life.
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis — When the disease is cancer or another serious condition, a doctor’s failure to detect a disease is of great concern. Doctors are experts and as such, when we are sick we go to them to get a diagnosis and treatment. However, in cases of serious illnesses, sometimes doctors miss obvious warning signs, misdiagnosing patients or releasing them from medical care too soon. There have been many cases where patients who were having a heart attack were released from the hospital, only to suffer a later wrongful death due to misdiagnosis. There have been other cases where patients develop metastatic cancer because their doctor failed to catch the obvious warning signs that could have led to an early cancer diagnosis.
- Prescription and other drug errors — Medical professionals often make errors in prescribing or administering medication. With some medicines, even a small dosage error can lead to serious damage. Sometimes doctors prescribe the wrong drug, or they prescribe the right drug but in the wrong dosage. In other cases, doctors fail to take into account possible deadly drug interactions.
- Emergency department malpractice — The failure to properly recognize myocardial infarction, spinal epidural abscess, cauda equina syndrome, meningitis, pediatric infections, or other medical emergencies can result in serious and catastrophic injury or even death.
- Misread test results – Misread test results can lead to misdiagnosis, improper treatment, and illness. There have been cases where a patient’s results got mixed up and two patients received improper treatment.
It is difficult to estimate the number of people who are injured or who suffer a wrongful death due to poor medical care, medical errors, or other medical malpractice issues. Scientific studies have proven that patient injuries and deaths caused by negligent medical treatment occur frequently, and yet only a small percentage of these injuries and death result in compensation. The attorneys of The Bowling Christiansen Law Firm have devoted their careers to seeking financial recovery for individuals and families who have suffered from faulty medical care.
The Bowling Christiansen Law Firm works with medical malpractice patients in Gulfport (by appointment only), Metairie and New Orleans, LA. If you or a loved one has been hurt by a medical practitioner who failed to offer a reasonable standard of care, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. Many medical malpractice cases involve medical errors, though misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose can also fall under medical malpractice. If your loved one suffered in a hospital, experienced a prolonged illness, or experienced a longer than normal recovery, it is important that you speak to a medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible. In many cases, families need to seek answers before they learn the truth. If you have received negligent care from a doctor, nurse, hospital, or other medical provider, you may face more serious illness, injury, or even wrongful death. This can lead to longer and more costly hospitalizations, longer periods of recovery, and sometimes even have long-term life-long repercussions. The Bowling Christiansen Law Firm is committed to providing medical malpractice patients with compassionate counsel that aggressively pursues doctors, hospitals, and providers who make mistakes. Don’t suffer in silence. Seek justice.